Equality and diversity
Little Sprouts Health and Wellbeing Charity is committed to providing services which embrace
diversity and that promote equality of opportunity. As an employer, LS is committed to equality and valuing diversity within its workforce. Our goal is to ensure that these commitments, reinforced by our values, are embedded in our day‐to‐day working practices with all our customers, colleagues and partners. We will provide equality of opportunity and will not tolerate discrimination on grounds of gender, gender identity, marital status, sexual orientation, race, colour, nationality, religion, age,
disability, HIV positivity, working pattern, caring responsibilities, trade union activity or political beliefs – or any other grounds.
We will demonstrate our commitment by:
• promoting equality of opportunity and diversity within the communities in which we work and
with all our partners and workforce
• aiming to build a workforce which reflects our customer base, within the diverse communities
in which we work, with the aim of having parity of representation across the workforce
• encouraging recruitment from groups currently under‐represented in the department
and their career progression once employed
• treating our customers, colleagues and partners fairly and with respect
• promoting an environment free from discrimination, bullying and harassment,
and tackling behaviour which breaches this
• recognising and valuing the differences and individual contribution that people make
• providing support and encouragement to staff to develop their careers and increase their contributions to the organisation through the enhancement of their skills and abilities
• building in legislative requirements and best practice to all our service delivery and
employee policies and procedures, and supporting these with appropriate training and guidance
Every person working for LS has a personal responsibility for implementing and promoting these principles in their day‐to‐day dealings with everyone – including members of the public, other staff and employers and partners. Inappropriate behaviour is not acceptable.
We will measure and report on the effectiveness of our service delivery and employee policies and processes, in relation to these principles, by building performance monitoring and management information requirements into policy and product development. This information will be used to inform future policy and to enhance business processes.